Thursday, August 23, 2012

Vintage Nomad Travel Trailer!

Well I was perusing through craigslist today came across a vintage canned ham style travel trailer. Despite my better judgment I called the guy up, drove over to his house, and drove away with the trailer. Fortunately it only set me back $400.

The main thing I was looking for was a frame to build off of, and for $400 it was a good deal. As far as the rest of the body goes, I have no idea yet what I've gotten myself into. Fortunately the inside has already been gutted out and he put up vinyl siding for the walls. I'm going to tear out the vinyl tomorrow and see what I'm working with. I know the back has some damage to it as someone had chop about half a foot or so off and put up a rickety make shift wall and door. So I know I'll at least have to replace the back. Supposedly the roof is solid but we will see tomorrow. I can work with the back needing replaced but if the rest is too far gone then I'll just tear the whole thing down and start over. We will see!

Vintage Nomad Canned Ham Travel Trailer
The dude covered over the windows with sheet metal. Not sure why. He did give me one of the original windows though and 4 other windows they may work.

Vintage Nomad Canned Ham Travel Trailer Interior
The guy also gave me a fresh water tank and a 12 gallon water heater. Tomorrow I will tear down the vinyl and see what I have to work with.

No comments:

Post a Comment