Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Tiny Travel Trailer Plans

Hoping to go out on the road soon and would like to try building a diy travel trailer. There is a growing number of people building their own teardrop campers. I think the teardrops are great for weekend camping but I'd like something I can stay in for 2 or 3 months at a time. My solution for this is to use the same foot print as a teardrop(4x8 foot harbor freight trailer), only make it taller in order to add a bathroom and shower. Not sure if it would work or not but I'm going to keep doing research and probly eventually try building it. here are some pictures of the lay out I'm thinking about.

Here is the closest thing I've found to what I want to build. Only difference is its 5'x10' and the floor plan is different. But the outside is pretty similar.



I made this design in google sketchup and did the lighting with the twilight render plugin. This design really only works for one person. That person also needs to be somewhat small. If I gain a lot weight or get on steroids, I most likely would not be able to fit inside my trailer.


And here is a real world illustration of the 4'x8' footprint. The bed area is just large enough for me to laid down flat in (22" x 72")

No comments:

Post a Comment